After downloading the app, you need to first register on it before you can use it. Here are the easy steps to following in registering for the DStv service:
- Launch the app and click on Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and your mobile number.
- You will also be required to choose a password that is strong enough.
- Now, click on the Create an Account button.
- If you are a DStv Subscriber already, you will be required to link the DStv account to DStv Now.
- Fill in the DStv account holder’s ID number, DStv smartcard number, or DStv customer number to link your account with the app.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email you provided.
- With the registration process completed, you can log in and start watching your favorite program from the app.
If you are making use of the web version on now.dstv.com, the good news is that the registration process is similar.
Note: People who are not subscribers of DStv can also register for this service and access free content that are available from time to time. To do this, you can register after downloading the app or by going to the website following these steps:
- Click on the Sign Up button.
- Enter either your email address or mobile number.
- Next, enter a strong password and click Create an Account.
- Since you are not a DStv subscriber, click Skip at the bottom of the form.
- Next, you can check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Log in and start watching online either through the app or other internet-enabled devices or using the web version.
You Can Watch All DStv Channels On DStv Now
One of the most fascinating things about the DStv Now service is that it can be accessed by anyone who is subscribed to any DStv package. Also, you will not be charged any extra fees when making use of the service.
If you have successfully linked your DStv account to your DStv app, you can watch all the channels that are available to your package as far as your subscription is still active. Hence, won’t be missing out on your favorite channels when you subscribe to the service but you are always on the move. What this means is that if you are a DStv Premium subscriber or even a Compact subscriber, or any other package for that matter, you will get the same programs and shows when you register for the DStv Now service.
In addition to that, there are free channels that you can access using the app. The channels can be accessed whether you have an active subscription or not, or if you do not have a DStv decoder. Here are the channels that are currently available for free using the DStv Now App:
- 100 – DStv
• 180 – People’s Weather • 238 – SuperSport Play • 313 – PBS Kids
• 317 – Mindset PoP
• 320 – Channel O
• 343 – TBN
• 400 – BBC World News • 401 – CNN
• 402 – Sky News
• 403 – eNCA
• 404 – SABC News
• 405 – Newzroom Afrika • 405 – Al-Jazeera
• 414 – Euronews Now
• 417 – africanews
It is important to understand that DStv reserves the right to change its policies on the free channels at any time, just as it can make changes and update the list of free channels. The free channels can only be accessed when you are using the DStv Now service.