The online application for the learner’s driver’s license is only a first step. For now, the application process cannot be completed on the eNaTIS website. The full application process can only be completed offline – at a driving licensing testing center. After booking online, here is what you should do:
- Go to the driving licensing testing center (DLTC) that is closest to you to confirm the booking and to book a test date.
- At the DLTC, you will be given a learner’s license form (LL1), which you must complete.
- Those who are 65 years old and above will also complete a medical certificate at the DLTC.
- Submit the form at an eye testing center, where you will also be made have an eye test conducted by a qualified optometrist.
- Before writing the learner’s license test, familiarize yourself with motor vehicle controls, road rules, and traffic rules.
- On the day of the test, go with your◦ Identification card; and◦ Booking receipt
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For A Learner’s Driver’s License?
The need to know what documents are required to process your learner’s driver’s license cannot be over-emphasized. To avoid a situation where you would be sent back for a document or two, you should go to the DLTC with all the required documents. Here is a detailed list of all the documents you will need for the application process:
- Identity card or anything that identifies you.
- Two identical black and white passport photographs.
- Residence and postal address proof, like your utility bill. If the apartment does not belong to you, then you will have to attach an affidavit showing that you live there to your utility bill. If you stay in an informal location, then provide a letter stamped by your ward councilor to serve as your proof of residence and postal address.
- Booking fee
How To Check Outstanding Vehicle License Fees
Online In South Africa
All vehicle owners in South Africa are expected to renew their vehicle license every year before it expires. Before fees start accumulating for you, you will be given a 21 days grace period, after which 10% of your renewal fees will continue to add to your outstanding fees every month.
As of this writing, you cannot check outstanding vehicle license fees online in South Africa. The only way to do that is to visit the licensing office to check your fee and make payment except for residents of Gauteng and Free State who can contact ‘chatback’ via SMS by sending ‘Renew’ to 44155 or on WhatsApp by sending ‘Renew’ to +27 66 202 6685.
How Long Does It Take To Get The Learner’s Driver’s License And How Much Does It Cost?
The length of time it may take you to get a learner’s driver’s license will depend on how fast you go to the DLTC and your test date. Because a learner’s driver’s license is issued the same day, you take the test – if you pass.
Also, if you pass the test, then you will have to pay a license issuance fee. This fee will be communicated to you by your local licensing office.